A Jewel in the Hill Country! Located outside Sisterdale, Texas, this 268+/- working ranch has two beautiful creeks lined with large cypress trees, waterfalls and several pastures that flow through the property. Full perimeter fencing and several large cleared and cross fenced fields for farming or cattle. Property is under 1-D-1 Ag exemption and unrestricted.
- Located close to the North end of the property w/long range views.
- Built in 1992
- 2255 sf under roof; 1449 sf of A/C living space
- New 4 ton central attic unit with a spare unit outside
- Sisterdale stone exterior and fireplace
- 400+ sf 2 car garage which can be converted
- 406 sf of porches
- 500 sf parking pad
- 120 sf storage/pumphouse
- Water well with softener
- Aerobic Septic system
- Also includes furniture and appliances - washer/dryer, refrigerator, TV, furniture for living, dining and breakfast room, 2 bedrooms, plus a vacuum cleaner and many other kitchen/home utensils and tools including a John Deere lawnmower/tractor, making this a great turnkey weekend or guest home.
Improvements/Property - 3 Tracts totaling 268.5 acres
First - North Tract 55 acres
- 600 feet of road frontage
- 2.5 acre yard cross fenced and cattle guarded around house
- Entire 55 acre tract low fenced for cattle on three sides (south side property line is still open to the adjacent middle tract)
- Fertile fenced and gated 10 acre field planted with wildlife food plot in rear of property and adjacent to live water Rheas creek that runs through the property
- Similar 2 acre open field west of the creek
Second - Middle Tract 118.5 acres
- 2500' clearing suitable for light plane airstrip.
- Creek with concrete low water crossing running through rear portion of property.
- 10 acre fenced field suitable for food plots.
- 2 acre fenced field suitable for food plots.
Third - South Tract 95 acres
- Fenced on three sides and left open to the adjacent middle tract with new fence on west and south borders (some high fence)
- Seasonal/live water creek runs longitudinally through middle of property
- Fertile fenced and gated 10 acre field
- Dike/water hole near the southwest corner.
Notes about the Property:
- Transfer of ownership of any and all mineral rights are excluded from all sales.
- This ranch has many desirable features that add value and set it apart from other properties in the area.
- It has been developed and maintained as a working ranch/farm for many decades. Family owned since the mid 1800's and has been improved over several generations, with emphasis on farming, ranching and preservation of wildlife habitat.
- The ranch has several large cleared and fenced fields with desirable topsoil suitable for farming. Varied topography is a major feature of this ranch. That includes level wooded areas and pastures, elevated mesas and hills with long distance hill country views and two creeks running through the property with elevated bluffs overlooking them in some areas and gently sloping valleys leading down to them in other areas. These creeks could be dammed to create beautiful and useful small lakes. There are numerous building sites throughout the ranch that will suit any preference.
- An active ongoing cedar control program has been in place for many decades. The only cedars found on the ranch are very small scrubs and very few in number. It does have a significant number of dead oak trees, which is quite common for the Texas hill country, but looking past those, there are many more healthy oaks.
- The ranch has full perimeter fencing in good condition with new fence across the south and west property lines and several large cleared and cross fenced fields suitable for farming or planting food plots for cattle or a big game herd. There are plenty of whitetail and a resident axis deer herd on the ranch.
- There are several water retention ponds on the property. The roads throughout the property are of sufficient quality and will accommodate a 2 wheel drive sedan throughout most parts of the ranch.
- There is a level flat cleared area approximately 2500 feet long running NW to SE that could easily become an air strip for light planes.
Owners will subdivide property.
Call Toby Vicknair for a showing. 830-358-8828
*All creeks and rivers in Texas are subject to fluctuating levels of flow and can go underground or even become dry at times based on rainfall and other conditions. We make no representation as to the permanency of this creek, river or spring as it exists today or at the time of your visits.